With Halloween a day behind us (feels like a year to me), it’s time to start plotting for next year’s festivities. Because sometimes crafting the perfect Halloween costume isn’t always the easiest (or quickest) thing. Sometimes the logistics of pulling it off are just too difficult and/or time-consuming (like me trying to sew my own patchwork dress for my NBX Sally costume…the day I needed it). Sometimes it takes 364 days to create the ultimate of all ultimate costumes. And sometimes I just forget to write blog posts in time to make them relevant so I have to pretend it was intentional (because I’m not waiting another year to write this). Sorry if I have a life outside my blog and I didn’t get to this in time. J.K. I have no life.
It’s a rare thing to witness someone out and about during the weeks and days leading up to Halloween decked out in a seriously kick-ass costume, and it’s probably even rarer that you’re the one donning the unique garb, but with enough planning and plotting, it is possible to be that super-rad person on Halloween with the costume no one forgets and everyone wants a picture with. Here are my top 5. You can thank me later.
1. Hitler. When I picture someone dressing up as Hitler, I picture the little kid from Eurotrip. I don’t think anyone could be that adorable as Hitler if they tried, but it would be amusing to watch. Honestly, I just want to witness someone getting the crap kicked out of them by a bunch of Jews for dressing up as Hitler. Did I just say that? I’m going to hell. But you LOL’d, so you’re coming with.
2. Santa Claus. Because when have you ever seen Santa running around on Halloween? That’s what I thought.
3. Barbie (or Ken, depending on your sexual preference). This is especially easy if you’ve already molded and shaped yourself with so much plastic surgery that you’re practically unrecognizable as a human being anymore. All you need to do is throw on a blonde wig and you’re good to go.
4. A bag of Halloween candy. This idea is super awesome and super original. If done right, you may even win a few costume contests, and if you stage it correctly, everyone will love you for all the free candy you’ll be handing out all night. Just make sure you stop by my house first. I like Reese’s and Crunch bars.
5. A double rainbow. No explanation necessary. Please refer to the double rainbow song.
I would continue on with more Halloween costume ideas, but frankly, it’s bringing me down talking this much about Halloween after Halloween is over because there are still 364 days of not-Halloween to get through before it’s Halloween again.
How many times can you say Halloween in one sentence?